I got nominated for the Liebster Award by Star Guy ! Rad, thanks! So, this is usually my Travel Tuesday blog, but I’ll just make it the virtual travel day, among other bloggers.
I hope I did this right…I have trouble following directions and colouring inside the lines! *laugh* There’s no penalty if you don’t participate!
11 random facts about A Chaos Fairy:
- I have a not-secret-anymore weakness for those kinds of mysteries that involve knitting or candle-making or food recipes–even though I lack the “nesting” domestic gene.
- I’m always rescuing animals. One time, I jumped out of my car and blocked traffic to rescue a big turtle trying to cross a busy street. The cop that pulled up behind me had to let me into my car because I forgot to grab my keys, and my doors lock automatically. He told me I had to take the turtle with me to relocate him. So I’m driving in rush-hour traffic with a huge turtle trying to scale the console between us to try and bite the s**t out of me.
- I’m always noticing typos–in signs, in menus, in articles. I can’t turn it off. It’s really annoying.
- BUT, I’m always mispronouncing words, even simple ones. I read and write better than I speak. I even understand written Spanish better than spoken.
- I absolutely loathe cooking. Plus, I’m a hazard in the kitchen. Get the fire extinguisher ready! But, I love to eat. <–Pizza addict.
- I’ve been a vegetarian since 1991, but I love cheese.
- I love scenty stuff. Soaps, essential oils, etc. Favs are patchouli, amber, vanilla, coconut. I would love to have a scent museum someday. Someday I’ll be able to start my collection with scents from here and here.
- (Are we at eleven yet?) I have ADHD! Look, there goes a chicken!
- I like puzzle games and figuring things out. Games like Myst and Riven and Zork (the original). I have zero hand-eye coordination.
- I want to move to Scotland/the UK. Or pretty much anywhere other than Florida.
- I like to consider myself an activist. I’ve been involved in Occupy protests, March against Monsanto marches, protests with the Coalition of Immokalee Workers, a Mumia protest, and involved with a group that brought a delegation of women from Chiapas to meet with Vermont state officials. I’ve also been involved in a guerrilla theatre performance about the actions of Las Madres de Plaza de Mayo. The woman who organized it (an activist and puppeteer from Argentina) and directed it, etc., received a letter from Hebe de Bonfini, commemorating our efforts with the performance. I hope to move somewhere more liberal and progressive and dedicate myself to more activist causes.
Answering 11 questions from Star Guy.
When was the first time you watched Star Wars, and what did you think?
When I was a little kid. I loved it. I like the older ones without all the add-ins. I used to get in trouble because I was always “borrowing” (aka stealing) my brother’s Star Wars toys. I especially loved Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon. I wanted to be him (Han Solo, I mean, not my brother *laugh*)
What is your favorite animal? (Can be alien – Wookie is a legitimate answer 😀 )
Just one?!??! Octopus. Or the vulture. If I weren’t scared of needles, I’d have tattoos of them both. There’s this stylized cave art of a vulture from Catal Huyuk that I’d love to have.
What is your favourite book?
JUST ONE? (You’re killing me, Star Guy.) The Gormenghast Novels.
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
What is your favourite hobby?
I’ll give you three guesses. (Hint: READING!)
What is the funniest picture/gif you have ever seen?
*draws a blank*
Old or new WordPress Stats page?
Old! I’m visual. So I really remember things by what they look like, memory-wise.
Lord of the Rings, or the Hobbit?
The Hobbit, I guess.
Rather a nerd or the cool guy/gal?
Nerd. My social skills are terrible, but, if you need an a**kicker/Chaosbringer, look no further.
Are you in the Christmas spirit? (in other words, how many times have you said Merry Christmas?)
No. Does “Happy Wintering” count?
What should this last question be?
Have you seen my chicken?
11 questions for nominees:
- What was the last dream/nightmare you had?
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s your favourite TV show/movie?
- Who’s your favourite Star Wars/sci-fi character? (books or movies)
- If you could be anyone, past or present, fictional or real, who would you be?
- What’s your favourite food/restaurant?
- Where would you live in the world, or in the universe?
- What kind of video games/computer games do you like?
- Who’s your favourite artist?
- Are you a “great outdoors” type, or a city dweller?
- Do you like chickens?
Nominees (arrgh, how can I pick just ELEVEN! I hate this. This is like one of those heartwrenching reality TV shows where they eliminate people every week. It kills me. Even if those shows are scripted/staged. It’s still awful. Everyone’s blog has something good/unique about it. So, to everyone that got skipped, I read all your blogs. Voraciously. Because I’m a written-word addict. LOL):
The rules are as follows:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers, the bloggers you award are to do the same.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
- Ask 11 questions to those you have nominated